Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Categories

In this Discussion

Tagged

Note to Visitors: Many posts have uploaded pictures that are only visible to logged in members. You may sign up for free and you will be able to see them.

Top Leaders

Top Posters

Feeling generous? Help keep HBF running.
Get the sticker that shows them how you really feel.
Goose Island anniversary ale
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    I picked up a six pack of Goose Island's 25 anniversary ale, an esb, and I have to admit that is pretty good!

Appearance: As you can see from the picture I took off google, this beer has a nice, rich auburn (yes i did have to look that word up) color and a nice creamy head that laces well.

Aroma: Exactly what comes to my mind when you say english esb, bready/biscuit notes with some malty toffee in the background.

Flavor: Very much like the aroma. There is a nice toffee/malty flavor up front that finishes crisp and dry. The english hops support the malt perfectly, without either getting in the way or going undetected. They managed to get a very nice english ester profile.

Overall: A very nice, classic example of a beer from a brewery that tends to brew for the masses. I wish it weren't a one off; it's much better than they're normal esb (honkers ale). I need to go pick some more up before it's all gone.
    "Oh, you were serious? I was drunk."-C_B
  • ceanntceannt
    Oh yum .....
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • BenSBenS
    Agreed, I'll be getting some soon. 4 or 6 packs?
    There's no starting point. It's just a massive sea of shit to wade through until you find the occasional corn kernel. -DrCurly
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    six packs.
    "Oh, you were serious? I was drunk."-C_B
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    I have a keg of it now. Good stuff.