Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Categories

In this Discussion

Note to Visitors: Many posts have uploaded pictures that are only visible to logged in members. You may sign up for free and you will be able to see them.

Top Leaders

Top Posters

Who's Online (1)

Feeling generous? Help keep HBF running.
Get the sticker that shows them how you really feel.
Cinnamon Almonds
  • ceanntceannt
    One of the women my wife works with made this stuff. My wife brought some home for me, knowing how much I like things like this. I said “I will have to get the recipe from her” (hey she’s cute, what can I say…) but the wife beat me to it, and held up a hand written scribbled down copy… Anyway, try this…. Yummy!

Cinnamon Almonds

1 ½ cup sugar
    3 TBS cinnamon
    1/8 TSP Kosher salt
    1 egg white
    1 ½ TSP vanilla
    3 ¼ cup almonds

Combine sugar, cinnamon and salt. Whisk in egg white and vanilla. Coat almonds, and put in crock pot. Add the remaining mixture and stir. Cook on high for 2 hours, stir every 30 minutes. Allow to cool on parchment paper. Become addicted, and eat them all.
    In wine there is wisdom.
    In beer there is freedom.
    In water there is bacteria.
  • ThymThym
    sounds good.

I bet you could sub in all sorts of different spices for the cinnamon.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • scoobscoob
    I fecking love these things, I have mama make em all the time, she has subbed a few different things, spices, nuts, my favorite is walnuts , add a shake or two of chili powder or (my favorite) ground chipotle, the results are amazing. The sweet, the smokey spicy chipotle. Dang.... I need to plan a Costco trip to stock up on walnuts and almonds, the chipotle I have on hand.... Holiday gift ideas!
    Jesus didn't wear pants