Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Categories

In this Discussion

Tagged

Note to Visitors: Many posts have uploaded pictures that are only visible to logged in members. You may sign up for free and you will be able to see them.

Top Leaders

Top Posters

Who's Online (0)

Feeling generous? Help keep HBF running.
Get the sticker that shows them how you really feel.
Induction heating in brewing
  • BruGearBruGear
    We've uploaded a primer on induction heating for brewing, this is an efficient and safe heating method that we're big fans of, Bru Gear has designed a complete range of induction kettles from 5 gallons to 2BBL in volume.

http://www.bru-gear.com/the-induction-brewery.html

C_B
  • frydogbrewsfrydogbrews
    I have an induction stove that i love. I wonder about an induction element that could handle the weight of anything more than 5 gallons. They all have glass tops and ten gallons of water on a glass stovetop is a quick way to crack it.

Induction heating is WAY more efficient and faster, plus, at least on my stove, you can set the exact heat to keep the water at. I can tell it to hold the water at 165 and it will. I have checked with thermometers. i've never brewed beer on it because of the weight issue, but i have made taffy and other things like that that require strict temperature control.
  • JerryJerry
    It depends where you live. It's a lot more efficient to use gas than to use gas to make steam that runs a turbine which drives a generator which puts power into a 500 mile copper wire to your induction heater. The efficiency of a fully submerged element (like in a water heater) is also better than that of induction heaters.
    "Again?"
    CurlyFat's 60,000th post
  • BenvarineBenvarine
    Is there a commercial induction stove for a 15g kettle? I see they are expensive, over $1000. Seldom do I see a weight rating on them.