Sorry Bastard - American Strong Ale
  • C_BC_B
    Well I'm overpaying then for sure. The best I can find 2-row is ~$1/lb at farmhouse. Where are you buying 2-row for 66 cents per pound?
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • scoobscoob
    I buy base malt in bulk, 35 dollars for 55 lb sack, specialty grains are 1.80 lb at my LHBS, a lb of whole leaf chinook from hops direct is 15 dollars, (but they way overpack that lb, closer to 1.5 lb,) anyway a 2 oz bag of leaf is 2.00 at LHBS for the 70 min addition hops, yeast is 3.00 per packet
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • scoobscoob
    I buy it from my LHBS, he has a sale once in a while, out the door for 35 bucks, I buy a couple sacks
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • C_BC_B
    Crap. I'll have to check with my LHBS. At those price cuts I can pay for a mill in no time.

Btw, your sig is a riot.

scoob
  • C_BC_B
    Advertised price at the LHBS for 2-row is 44.95 for a 50# sack. Better off to get the right amount from Farmhouse and have them mill it for me.
  • scoobscoob
    A mill was the best cost saving thing I ever bought for brewing, I set my mill tight tight, and get 87% efficiency, so I can back my grainbill down to hit the target gravity, that saves me money,plus I buy grain in bulk, that saves right there, it keeps the cost down on beers like this one for sure.
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • scoobscoob
    SeaBee said:

Crap. I'll have to check with my LHBS. At those price cuts I can pay for a mill in no time.

Btw, your sig is a riot.

Why thank you!
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • ceanntceannt
    Yeah .... I priced it out ... with my "tweak"... be right at 50 bucks for 5 gallons ....
    All those hops .....
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • jlwjlw
    azscoob said:

SeaBee said:

Btw, your sig is a riot.

Why thank you!

@azscoob - check it out. a google of this saying returns your original post and name. Your kind of famous.

http://www.google.com/webhp?source=search_app#hl=en&sugexp=les;&gs_nf=1&cp=35&gs_id=2&xhr=t&q=ja,+ich+bin+wie+ein+Esel+aufgehängt&pf=p&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&oq=ja,+ich+bin+wie+ein+Esel+aufgehängt&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=8d922e7564b14b7d&biw=1280&bih=639

• C_BC_B
    ceannt said:

Yeah .... I priced it out ... with my "tweak"... be right at 50 bucks for 5 gallons ....
    All those hops .....

Yeah... Austin? We both need to buy bulk I guess.
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    SeaBee said:

ceannt said:

All those hops .....

it's the only way to go.
    "Oh, you were serious? I was drunk."-C_B
  • ceanntceannt
    SeaBee said:

ceannt said:

All those hops .....

Yep and yep .....
    But I use so many different base malts .... I don't have room to store 5 or 6 big huge bags .....
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • C_BC_B
    azscoob said:

15 dollars for whole leaf hops, 8 dollars for specialty grains, 20 dollars in base malt, 6 dollars for yeast. I think you are overpaying somewhere.

I'm poking around for the best deal on everything again for this recipe. You must he stealing base malt from you neighbor. Even bulk I can't get 2-row under $45 for a 50# sack, not including shipping.
  • ThymThym
    CB said:

azscoob said:

15 dollars for whole leaf hops, 8 dollars for specialty grains, 20 dollars in base malt, 6 dollars for yeast. I think you are overpaying somewhere.

I'm poking around for the best deal on everything again for this recipe. You must he stealing base malt from you neighbor. Even bulk I can't get 2-row under $45 for a 50# sack, not including shipping.

$42 for american 2-row at the place a couple blocks from my house
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • C_BC_B
    Lakewood said:

CB said:

azscoob said:

$42 for american 2-row at the place a couple blocks from my house

$48 at mine.
  • jlwjlw
    I have my ingediets and will be brewing Saturday
  • ThymThym
    Sweet!
  • jlwjlw
    Pre boil.
    image.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
  • ThymThym
    jlw said:

Pre boil.

I see you added the milk early
  • ThymThym
    I usually add it post boil
  • jlwjlw
    Hops. Look away cb and fz
    image.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
  • jlwjlw
    Lakewood said:

jlw said:

Pre boil.

I see you added the milk early

Lmao.
  • ThymThym
    jlw said:

Hops. Look away cb and fz

Om nom
  • jlwjlw
    Don't make me come over there.
    image.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 273K
  • ThymThym
    jlw said:

Don't make me come over there.

Dont take your selfies with the sun to your back.