Proof Lakewood commited to brewing in February.
  • C_BC_B
    Posts: 79,541
    Lakewood said:

    jlw said:

    Lakewood said:

    i've been wanting to try some acidulated malt in a beer for a while. this seems like a good use of it. Really like the use of FWH here too. That really makes sense.



    you would actually have to brew again.


    ok, ok. I'm committing to a brew day in February. it's gonna happen.

    Now I need to find the quote that said he was going to brew in 2013.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • jlwjlw
    Posts: 16,449
    Oh and pics r it didn't happen.
  • C_BC_B
    Posts: 79,541
    jlw said:

    Oh and pics r it didn't happen.


    I don't know... Maybe video. That's a lot harder to fake.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • scoobscoob
    Posts: 16,617
    C_dubbs said:

    jlw said:

    Oh and pics r it didn't happen.


    I don't know... Maybe video. That's a lot harder to fake.


    This, stream his brewday on ustream or similar!
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • ThymThym
    Posts: 108,371
    azscoob said:

    C_dubbs said:

    jlw said:

    Oh and pics r it didn't happen.


    I don't know... Maybe video. That's a lot harder to fake.


    This, stream his brewday on ustream or similar!


    gladly if you guys sit around and watch the whole thing. beginning to end.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • C_BC_B
    Posts: 79,541
    Lakewood said:

    azscoob said:

    C_dubbs said:

    jlw said:

    Oh and pics r it didn't happen.


    I don't know... Maybe video. That's a lot harder to fake.


    This, stream his brewday on ustream or similar!


    gladly if you guys sit around and watch the whole thing. beginning to end.


    If you do it on my first shift weekend I'll have plenty of time to.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • ThymThym
    Posts: 108,371
    C_dubbs said:

    Lakewood said:

    azscoob said:

    C_dubbs said:

    jlw said:

    Oh and pics r it didn't happen.


    I don't know... Maybe video. That's a lot harder to fake.


    This, stream his brewday on ustream or similar!


    gladly if you guys sit around and watch the whole thing. beginning to end.


    If you do it on my first shift weekend I'll have plenty of time to.


    when is that?
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • ThymThym
    Posts: 108,371
    this will be something like 9 hours of intense boredom. and i'll talk right into the camera.

    I'll have to see if i can get my brew buddy to come over and work the camera.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • C_BC_B
    Posts: 79,541
    Lakewood said:

    this will be something like 9 hours of intense boredom. and i'll talk right into the camera.

    I'll have to see if i can get my brew buddy to come over and work the camera.


    In between the action shots you should karaoke.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • ceanntceannt
    Posts: 50,776
    Lakewood said:

    this will be something like 9 hours of intense boredom. and i'll talk right into the camera.

    I'll have to see if i can get my brew buddy to come over and work the camera.



    Get three hot chicks in bikinis to help and I will watch
    Never attribute to malice, that which can adequately be explained by stupidity.
  • ThymThym
    Posts: 108,371
    ceannt said:

    Lakewood said:

    this will be something like 9 hours of intense boredom. and i'll talk right into the camera.

    I'll have to see if i can get my brew buddy to come over and work the camera.



    Get three hot chicks in bikinis to help and I will watch


    Nope. Pure boredom.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • jlwjlw
    Posts: 16,449
    Lakewood said:

    ceannt said:

    Lakewood said:

    this will be something like 9 hours of intense boredom. and i'll talk right into the camera.

    I'll have to see if i can get my brew buddy to come over and work the camera.



    Get three hot chicks in bikinis to help and I will watch


    Nope. Pure boredom.

    If you do it you should do it like a silent movie. Just you waking around doing brewing tasks. no sound at all
  • ThymThym
    Posts: 108,371
    jlw said:

    Lakewood said:

    ceannt said:

    Lakewood said:

    this will be something like 9 hours of intense boredom. and i'll talk right into the camera.

    I'll have to see if i can get my brew buddy to come over and work the camera.



    Get three hot chicks in bikinis to help and I will watch


    Nope. Pure boredom.

    If you do it you should do it like a silent movie. Just you waking around doing brewing tasks. no sound at all


    oooo.... i kinda like that. i can talk directly at the camera and make up some cards that say a highly shorted version of what it said that i hold up in front of the screen after im done talking.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • ThymThym
    Posts: 108,371
    though that would be wayyyy more work. so i probably wont do it.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • ThymThym
    Posts: 108,371
    So, I need to decide what to brew for this event.

    I have the dregs from the westvleteren ready to pitch. I'm thinking that I want to brew something with that.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • C_BC_B
    Posts: 79,541
    Lakewood said:

    So, I need to decide what to brew for this event.

    I have the dregs from the westvleteren ready to pitch. I'm thinking that I want to brew something with that.


    Seems like a good idea.

    Beyond the fact that it is a Trappist Ale, I really don't know anything else about Westvleteren. So, I guess you should brew a Trappist? Maybe ~7%-8% abv? That sounds pretty dang good now that I'm thinking about it.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • jlwjlw
    Posts: 16,449
    C_dubbs said:

    Lakewood said:

    So, I need to decide what to brew for this event.

    I have the dregs from the westvleteren ready to pitch. I'm thinking that I want to brew something with that.


    Seems like a good idea.

    Beyond the fact that it is a Trappist Ale, I really don't know anything else about Westvleteren. So, I guess you should brew a Trappist? Maybe ~7%-8% abv? That sounds pretty dang good now that I'm thinking about it.


    I posted the basics to this recipe in the dregs thread. Camne straight from "Brew Like a Monk"
  • C_BC_B
    Posts: 79,541
    jlw said:

    C_dubbs said:

    Lakewood said:

    So, I need to decide what to brew for this event.

    I have the dregs from the westvleteren ready to pitch. I'm thinking that I want to brew something with that.


    Seems like a good idea.

    Beyond the fact that it is a Trappist Ale, I really don't know anything else about Westvleteren. So, I guess you should brew a Trappist? Maybe ~7%-8% abv? That sounds pretty dang good now that I'm thinking about it.


    I posted the basics to this recipe in the dregs thread. Camne straight from "Brew Like a Monk"


    Ha. Yeah now I remember that. Ima go sit in the corner now.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • ThymThym
    Posts: 108,371
    jlw said:

    C_dubbs said:

    Lakewood said:

    So, I need to decide what to brew for this event.

    I have the dregs from the westvleteren ready to pitch. I'm thinking that I want to brew something with that.


    Seems like a good idea.

    Beyond the fact that it is a Trappist Ale, I really don't know anything else about Westvleteren. So, I guess you should brew a Trappist? Maybe ~7%-8% abv? That sounds pretty dang good now that I'm thinking about it.


    I posted the basics to this recipe in the dregs thread. Camne straight from "Brew Like a Monk"


    yeah, i plan on using that as the basis of the recipe.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • scoobscoob
    Posts: 16,617
    Lakewood said:


    meh. i used to have a thermometer on my kettle, it didn't give me any useful information.

    oh, and i have an in-line thermometer after the chiller, so while i recirc chill i know exactly what my output temp is, which is not the same as the kettle wort temp.

    if you watch my live webcast of my next brew day you'll see what i mean..



    Figured I should add this quote to this thread, showing that he clearly intends to brew in the future, but no timeframe was mentioned.....
    Jesus didn't wear pants