Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Categories

In this Discussion

Note to Visitors: Many posts have uploaded pictures that are only visible to logged in members. You may sign up for free and you will be able to see them.

Top Leaders

Top Posters

Feeling generous? Help keep HBF running.
Get the sticker that shows them how you really feel.
Great Lakes - Conway Irish Ale
  • C_BC_B
    My tasting notes suck, But here's a shot at it. Go buy some and add your own tasting notes to compare to mine.

Appearance - Very clear. A nice red hue with a thin head the dissipates quickly and laces ever so slightly.

Smell - I have a bit of a cold and my sense of smell is lacking. I really couldn't smell much here, just a whiff of malt.

Taste - Smooth mild crisp malt up front fading to a sweeter caramel flavor. No hop flavor that I could pick out.

Mouthfeel - Light smooth mouthfeel with low carbonation. Smoothed out even more as it warmed.

Overall a very clean malty example of the style. I love this beer.
    1359206508870.jpg
    1440 x 2560 - 350K
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • jlwjlw
    That looks good. i will have to check it out next time I'm in OH.
  • ThymThym
    It's obviously a very well balanced beer. Check out that picture.
    The only thing between me and a train wreck is blind luck..... - Kenny
  • FuzzyFuzzy
    Lakewood said:

It's obviously a very well balanced beer. Check out that picture.

#-o
    "Oh, you were serious? I was drunk."-C_B
  • C_BC_B
    Also note the Greg LaMond bike in the background. He was calling Lance Armstrong a doper before it was cool.
    "On it. I hate software." ~Cpt Snarklepants
  • scoobscoob
    Nice work on the tasting notes, it's really tough to put tastes and subtleties into words, and that is without a cold! I usually take written notes during, then after I can get into detail and try to add to my original thoughts to better mesh with what I was tasting.
    Jesus didn't wear pants
  • scoobscoob
    C_dubbs said:

Also note the Greg LaMond bike in the background. He was calling Lance Armstrong a doper before it was cool.

I wouldn't know who that was even if he introduced himself to me.
    Jesus didn't wear pants